UWC Mostar offers unique career opportunities to the experienced IB teachers who have the necessary qualities for participating in a new and challenging initiative. It also provides opportunity to the teachers from across Bosnia and Herzegovina, still new to the IB programme, to master IB teaching methodologies and contribute to the creation of a centre of teaching excellence in Mostar.
UWC Mostar seeks dedicated and inspired educators who are committed to the intellectual, social, and ethical development of students, and who recognize that learning takes also place beyond the classroom. UWC Mostar values candidates who are drawn to the particular educational experience of the United World Colleges, and to UWC Mostar’s unique mission within the movement.
We are seeking to fill the following position to begin full-time employment 17 August 2015.
The position will serve as the primary medical professional for UWC Mostar’s student body. Primary duties include:
Evaluating students in all three college residences once in the morning, and then again the afternoon.
Providing medical care as far as possible in the residence, and where the case is more serious, taking students to nearby medical facilities for more complete evaluation, in cooperation with one of the full-time House Parents.
Purchasing medical supplies from pharmacy as per needs.
Maintaining accurate health records of consultations and treatments with students
Additionally, if the candidate is not from Mostar, there is the possibility that she or he may live in one of the student residences, with additional duties.
The ideal candidate will likely have the following characteristics:
- Nursing degree and certificate on passed professional examination (for medical personnel)
- Excellent knowledge of English and official language in BiH
- At least five years relevant working experience
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and other commonly used applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Natural ability and interest in working with students of 16-19 years old
- International mindedness: ability to positively interact in a multicultural environment
A) CV (maximum 2 pages);
B) brief cover letter;
C) contact information for three referees;
D) Diploma of Nursing school and relevant certificates.
We will receive applications until 23 June.